So "Trace and Access" is covered in our Buildings cover. We either offer "Buildings and Contents" or "Contents" policies.

Here is a link to our example policy wording, but for ease, the details of Trace and Access cover under the Buildings section of a combined Buildings and Contents policy is as follows:

Buildings - Trace and access: The cost of removing and replacing any part of your building necessary to repair a fixed household heating or water system that has caused an escape of water or oil will be covered up to £5,000.

Beyond the boundary of your property, where underground cables, pipes, drains and tanks are owned by a supplier we can only cover the cost of the necessary work to locate the source of the damage ("trace and access"), and not the underground fixtures themselves.

Trace and Access is not covered in our standalone Contents policy.

Tags: #trace #access #leak #water #oil

Did this answer your question?